Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Moment of Silence


For my friend Todd Baldwin. I just heard that he has passed away.

I went to school with Todd at Virginia Commonwealth and had the pleasure of working with him professionally at Magnet Interactive. We both studied communication design.

Todd was a gifted designer. In addition to doing great work with Magnet, he and his buddy Paul started Airline Industries.
Airline Industries designed club flyers that became icons around the D.C. area, and among other things designed the current Astralwerks logo. Paul and Todd went there seperate ways a few years ago and Todd started Pigeon Hole Design.

The few times I had seen Todd in the last 3 years, he was going through some rough patches, but always seemed as nice and hopefull as ever. Todd was a gracious guy but very low key and didn't reveal much of his personal life. When I moved to LA, he and Paul put together a care package for me that included a t-shirt and vintage magazines that I still treasure to this day.

My heart goes out to Todds family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home