Saturday, March 11, 2006

In The Slaw

The new Clientele album is quite infectious.

It's like alternative easy listening. Kind of the way Prefab Sprout or The Church was in the early 90's. Or AM radio when I was a kid, all those Simon and Garfunkle rip-offs. This may sound like a dis, but really I'm liken it. Its just got this uber-pleasentness to it. Quite suitable for a rainy day, or an early Spring sunday morning.

The album is called Strange Geometry.

On my record player, is Ike and Tina Turners Come Togethor. Man, this album rocks. Loaded with some great covers (including one of my favorite Beatles songs of all time) and some good original compositions as well. I found my copy at Rockaway Records on Glendale for 2.99. You just can't beat that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh. what beatles songs?

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

er, I mean, are there OTHER Beatles songs covered?

2:06 AM  
Blogger lakeside said...

ha, wendy are you drunk blogging again?
psyche. Yes Come Together is the only Beatles song on the album, but there is also a Rolling Stones and a Sly and the Family Stone cover as well.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I re-read my post post posting it and thought, idot! I would love to hear Tina do most any cover, and was hoping you'd say I could find a "Dear Prudence" treasure on that record. What are the other covers? Family Affair (so appropros to sing with Ike)? And, how was the great Mickey last nite?

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home