Friday, March 10, 2006

Do I Get Fries With That Car?

Bio-diesel is all the rage. Seriously, I haven't seen this many Californians excited about vegetable oil since the flesh singing tanning craze of the seventy's. But, why not. Being able to power a car from recycled fry grease? Sounds like a good idea to me.Now many people think that if we all drove these cars that the whole city would smell like MacDonald’s or something. But evidently it’s relatively clean burning and doesn't emit much smoke. Again, sounds good to me. Bio-Diesel also allows you to potentially not depend on corporations like Exxon and Texaco for your source. Sticking it to the man, once again sounds good.

American Apparel has set up a Biodeisel station that most of its corporate cars will be fueled from. As well, they are offering the service to employees.

LoveCraft BioFuels is a one-stop Bio-Diesel boutique of sorts. They'll convert your old-school diesel car to be Bio-Diesel compliant. They also provide filling stations. They've just opened a full service facility in the Sunset Junction and a fueling station in Echo Park.

To be honest, currently I'm part of the problem driving a gas guzzling truck. But I do try and walk or bike when I can. And in the future if this trend stays relevant I may be even more apt to go with a Bio-Diesel then a Hybrid, but I'll have to do my research on that one.

So what are the drawbacks? I'm not sure, do my homework for me, and give me the lowdown. But for the time being it seems pretty great.

LoveCraft is located at 4000 Sunset Blvd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home