Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What's Goin On?

Wednesday:
Tomorrow night, at El Cid, Club Screwball drops. Playing is Afrirampo from Japan. They just recently toured Europe with Sonic Youth and there is much hubub among the noise-rock set about them. They've colabbed with Acid Mothers Temple and recorded on John Zorn's lable. The group is a duo of two women who are said to put on a crazy show. Best of all, its only $5! If I happen to have a surge of uncommon weekday energy, I'll be checking it out. You should do the same. They also play at the Smell on Friday.

The Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares perform at female wailing of a different sort. This Bulgarian Choir first came to my attention in High School. Their chants are haunting and challenging. I bet they'll sound fantastic belting it out at the Disney Concert Hall. Someone go and bootleg it for me.

Saturday:
Join me and my friends I haven't offended at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena to check out Micky Champion. That little momma of blues I've been hyping for a while. I hope she lives up to my imposed expectations. Micky goes on at 9. Its been suggested to show up around 8:30 to get a good seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home