Monday, May 01, 2006

A Day With Alot of Immigrants

So today, I biked into work, met up with some work-mates and then walked to the first of two marches starting downtown. We walked up 7th to Broadway and entered the crowd marching to City Hall. The streets were packed with mostly hispanic people all wearing white shirts and either carrying American or Mexican flags. Its been ages since I've been in such an impressive showing of solidarity.

The sun was heavy in the midst of soo many bodies. We made it to city hall and listened to a few speakers although the destination certainly wasn't as exciting as the journey. I was happy to be a part of it all. I'm not sure if I have any solid theory on how I think the whole immigration/illegal immigrant issue should be solved; but I definately think the people demonstrating have a right to make themselves heard and are an itegral part of this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home