Monday, April 17, 2006

In The Slaw

Just snagged a copy of the latest Built To Spill album. You In Reverse.

Like Soft Bulletin Report by the Flaming Lips, Keep It Like a Secret by BTS is one of my favorite albums of this last decade. The lyrics and song structures are just flawless to me. And like the Flaming Lips, BTS's follow up was a likable re-hashing of previous efforts. This album takes a turn down a new path. More jam oriented. Cruder production value, meandering guitar jams that aren't bad..just different. In fact, so far its pretty good. I'll have to listen to the lyrics some more, but I have a feeling there isn't anything compares to "You Were Right" or "Time Trap". This album is psychedelic pop in the breed that I love. For some, it might seem noodly though.

I saw this band once live. Doug Martsch had a cold, and his sound system konked out. I think I'll give them a second try...but from what I heard, Doug is now suffering from a detached retina.

So I think I'm set for sun-drenched day melancholy albums for the summer...I need some pick me ups. Something Groovy, Something Rockin. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home