Saturday, April 08, 2006

In The Slaw

So far I'm liking the new Flaming Lips album very much. A nice departure from Yoshimi, which I kinda thought was a pale re-hashing of Soft Bulletin (an album I still don't grow tired of). Some of the songs have an early Genesis/Prog Rock feel that I love. Many have very direct political messages about the conservative right. The first two songs (and the first two singles) sort of feel seperate from the rest of the album. If I have any complaints, its kind of that the album doesn't feel as cohesive as previous efforts. A few lulls and whatnot. But definately worth the purchase (although I managed to snag a free copy).

A friend of mine swindled an incomplete copy of the new Gnarles Barkley album. The single "Going Crazy" has taken england by storm. I believe it went gold soley through iTunes downloads or something insane like that. Like the last Guerillas album, this thing is kind of sprawling and manages to squeeze out a couple of choice cuts but mixed with a bunch of filler (including the sad cover of Gone Daddy Gone). Find a way of sampling it, and pick and choose your select EP of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home