Friday, March 31, 2006

Crispen Rules!

When I moved to LA, I heard that Crispen Glover lived in the hills of Silver Lake. I've been a big Crispen fan. Always seeing any of his films i can (including the greatly under-rated Little Noises), owned his books, and gawked at his version of These Boots Were Made For Walkin. I hoped that at some point, I'd catch a glimpse at him hanging out somewhere, or bump into him at some party. But Crispen is a bit of a recluse. What did I expect. Low and behold, years later I saw him in the produce section at Mayfair. Looking sheepish, but pretty normal with a well groomed head of hair and muscular build. That was it, I could die a happy man now. I've since seen him yet again at the Mayfair (now Gelsons).

Anyway, LAist spotted Crispen in Chinatown recently and managed to write their own homage to Crispy, which includes a link to the one and only David Letterman interview.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw Crispin at Jade (where I now frequent, thanks to you) and he was bashful nice. On a first name basis with the Trojan Soldier waiter. But every time I see Crispin, I want to shout: "You are my density!" one of my all-time favorite lines from a movie (and one that I apply with varying degrees of success in real life).

12:34 PM  
Blogger lakeside said...

yeah, it all brings back memories of high school don't it? funny how he was one of many icons that kept us laughing through those days.

Wendy, we should have a crispen fest...Back to the Future, Rivers Edge...although i'm a little scared to see his directorial debut "What Is It?"

3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am an editor for Christian.com which is a social network dedicated to the christian community. As I look through your web site I feel a collaboration is at hand. I would be inclined to acknowledge your website offering it to our users as I'm sure our Pentecostal audience would benefit from what your site has to offer. I look forward to your thoughts or questions regarding the matter.

Vicky Silvers
vicky.silvers@gmail.com

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home