Monday, March 27, 2006

Mystery Hotel

This weekend I biked down to Griffith Park for an attempt to get some greatly needed excersize as well as to take some pictures of a sign that I've been fascinated by since I moved to this town. Just outside of Griffith Park, just near the Mullholand fountain, are two degrading metal signs that read CALIFORNIAN. If you look closely, behind the metal armiture, it says HOTEL. The Hotel Californian...I've googled it and can't find one bit of information about it. If anyone has some information about the building that used to wear these signs, please post a comment. Check out a few of the images from my shoot here. I have some plans for a few of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mathew Parry said...

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-08-20/magazine/tm-36934_1_neon-signs

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home