Friday, March 24, 2006

Mighty Morning Meltdown

Seems as though Dicky Barret's Mighty Morning show has been wiped from the airwaves. According to LAist, the show just disappeared the other day, with only vague reasons. Some say he was fired, some say he quit. Regardless, It was the only talk/music format morning show that I actually listened to.

I had sensed some tension between him and some of the other characters on the show, but had no idea it was at a level that something like this would happen. I mean, to be honest, if you're on the radio 9times out of 10 you're either an ass or a dork. Take KCRW's Nick Harcourt. Well, he's kind of an ass and a dork, plus just plane annoying and he's still on the air. Whatever the reasons, I find it hard to believe that some sort of agreement couldn't be reached. Indie was actually winning me over until now...

In my attempted search to figure out what was going on, I found a helpful history of the station on Wikipedia (mr. Wiki knows everything!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home