Thursday, August 25, 2005

Neighborhood Gossip


I've been living in Silver Lake for about 9 years now. This place has slowly changed over the years. Traffic has gotten heavier. A wave of vintage furniture stores and children’s boutiques have popped up like Starbucks on almost every block.

It seems as though over the past year or so, the pace has increased. Those damn condo's on the corner of Silver Lake and Glendale, the great new restaurants...(Ginger Grass, Blair’s...) In addition, I think I’ve become more a part of the community and in doing so have gotten the scoop on the future of the neighborhood.

So far, here's the skinny of what I know.

My neighbors are opening a dog store on Silver Lake Blvd. above the Michelangelo restaurant. Yeah, dog shops seem to be as plentiful as the aforementioned baby boutiques. We'll see if they can put a fresh touch on it. Good Luck to them.

You may have heard about the Library that will be built on the other vacant corner across from the new condos on Glendale blvd. Its cool to have a public library so close by, but that corner sounds like its just going to get even more insane. Up the street, across from the Red Lion restaurant and bar, is Le bar. Le bar has always been one of those places that I never really saw anyone going into...yet seemed busy at times. Well, evidently, some rocker bought the place and plans to give the Lion a run for its money.

Still waiting for the new Clover to open. The place looks to be at least twice the size. What used to be the Auto Bar will soon open as a restaurant/specialty foods shop. If anyone has any good photos of Watusi and Bikini please e-mail me some copies if you are willing. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry...maybe I'll do a posting dedicated to the two sometime soon.

Ten10, my friend Scott Nadeu's furniture shop, has consolidated to one of the two stores he's had over the last year or two, allowing for a new shop to take shape. I'm not quite sure what its going to be, but I have a feeling it'll be a high design something or other. Fingers crossed that itll have something new to offer, not just more of the same.

Well, thats the latest. I'll keep an ear out. Please feel free to post any interesting news you have to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home