Monday, December 05, 2005

Missing Link

Link Wray, who'll go down in history as the inventor of the Power Chord (the basis of punk rock) passed away last month.

Link honed is craft after moving to Washington D.C. in the 50's. He released the song "Rumble" in 1958 which contained the signature power chord. His music was banned by some stations and eventually his lable dropped him for attracting the "wrong element". So Link released his own albums. Yeah, link was truely punk-rock, and he started it all in my home town.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I learned about Link Wray from you. When I heard he died, you immediately came to mind. Thanks for introducing me to his music.

da

1:31 PM  
Blogger lakeside said...

you guys never cease to amaze me with your memories of yesteryear. blogs and weddings seem to be the way of re-activating memories of the past eh?

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home