Sunday, December 28, 2008

LA River Ride

Jenny and I took our first bicycle ride along the LA River, stretching from Fletcher Blvd. to somewhere around the Griffith Park Zoo. This bike trail is surreal to say the least. On one side is the 5 freeway, the other a lost but not forgotten river that plays host not just to trash and abandoned shopping carts but also to herring's, fish, and ducks. We encountered not only other bikers, but photographers taking pictures of the wildlife and even hispanic families spending the day fishing and playing by the water. I forgot to bring my camera but I surely feel a photo essay coming on. One thing that bummed me out about the path is how close it comes to the Autry museum without there being any possible way of getting off the path and accessing the museum or Griffith park in general. If anyone has information on accessing the park from the path, please let me know.

More on the LA river rides in the future i'm sure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous la movies in the park said...

Great blog!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any updates? It's been awhile, Doug.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home