Monday, July 31, 2006

Languid LAist

So, I know this may burn some potential bridges, but has anyone else noticed what Laurel (a workmate of mine) and I have noticed. LAist has really gone down the tubes. The writing is like reading a high-school english project...and the subject matter is not terribly current. To be brutally honest, they've never seemed truely "In the Know" but on the other hand scouring the blog on a daily basis I have discovered a few informative things from time to time. And this is why I come back. But in the last few months....nada. So what give's LAist...uninspired? I can certainly understand that feeling, but hey this is LA...there is always something to discover.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes i've noticed. i still go there and hope that it recovers. tony pierce does most of the writing, all of which comes across like a horny 19 year old.

9:42 PM  
Blogger laurel said...

"My first sip brought a smooth and creamy blend of chocolate and coffee to my lips..."

Look, if I wanted to read Danielle Steele, I'd read Danielle Steele. And if I wanted to read a piece that has the borrowed intelligence of a high school junior's 'creative writing' assignment, I'd become a teacher.

But I want neither of those things. Listen up, LAist!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home